Sunday, February 14, 2016

Create 1.1.1 – Time Management Quest

By NasimAhmed96$ (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)],
via Wikimedia Commons

List five time management tools in your blog and briefly describe their use and relevance to the online world. Does the tool relate to personal, professional, or a combination of both?

Google Calendar - schedule appointments, view a daily agenda, receive customized notifications, can layer personal and business calendars. This tool can be used both personally and professionally.

Stay Focused Chrome extension A timer that closes a specific site after spending a specified amount of time there. I would use this personally on games, social media, or other distracting sites when I need to focus on getting some work completed.

RescueTime - Records length of time spent in each app/site/activity. Analyzes where time is spent and creates a report to use for next week's planning purposes. RescueTime could be an eye-opener for a lot of people. Think of using this as a parent on your child's computer when they are supposed to be conducting research for a project. I would use this both personally and professionally for the analysis of where I spend my online time. I am thinking of the Digital Health quest completed a few weeks ago. I can't wait to use it myself and then to suggest its use to others! 

Daily Agenda - app syncs all calendars into one place to view on one screen showing appointments and meetings for the day. I use Google Calendars and have a calendar for school, class, professional schedule, personal schedule and family schedule. This app could be used both personally and professionally to view what is happening in all areas on a specific day.

Remember the Milk - an app I cannot wait to use! I would like to make a grocery list and send it to my husband, send myself reminders of appointments, meetings, and conferences. It is basically a to-do list that can be used with Siri and sent to Gmail, and Google Calendar. Could be used both personally and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment