Monday, December 21, 2015

Participate 4.1.3 Digital Health Quest

  • What is the most proactive means of ensuring the most balanced blend of technology and well-being?
Digital Health...I hadn't really thought about my own health as far as using technology goes. Thank you for making me more self-aware. I decided that less screen time at night is absolutely necessary for me. I tend to listen to a book while playing a game on my iPad at night. I began about one week ago not allowing myself to play a game at night. It was a bit difficult to let the book go, so I use the timer to give myself a limit. Both of these strategies seem to work well allowing me to get more sleep while still being able to "read" my book. I have not been able to completely avoid the iPad in bed, but not playing the games and limiting book listening time has cut down on staying awake late at night. A big plus is I am, feeling far less tired in the afternoons.
Last week I also became more aware of taking breaks while a school. I do use the Promethean board every day, but I use it with a presentation tool that allows me to walk around the room at any time. I have attached the presenter to my lanyard so I don't lay it down somewhere and lose it. Using a wristpad is a must for anyone who does any amount of typing. Prevention of carpal tunnel is essential to keeping the pain away.

  • What can students and teachers do to make sure they get the most from technology while simultaneously safeguarding good health? 
Students and teachers alike need to take lots of breaks and limit screen time at night. Students are going to text so how about limiting when texts are sent? Teachers discussing this with students could lead to establishing better habits.





No comments:

Post a Comment